St Xaviers Training College for Women, THottakattukara
St Xavier’s Training College for Women was established by the Congregation of Teresian Carmelites (CTC) in the year 2005.The college begins functioning in the campus of St Xaviers College for Women, Aluva. In 2010 college was shifted to a new campus at Thottakattukara and offers B.Ed program in English, Social Science,Maths, Physical Science and Natural Science.
The Congregation of TeresianCarmelites , the first indigenous congregation for women in Kerala, was founded in 1866 at Koonammavu by Servant of God Mother Eliswa. She is not only the foundress of religious congregation ,but also of the first school for girls in Kerala, the first boarding house and orphanages attached to the school for girl students and poor uncared children respectively. She tried to dispel the darkness of illiteracy among girls. The specific apostolate of the Congregation is the education of girls. Congregation is also involved in medical apostolate , social care and other ministeries. The Congregation which is of Pontifical right is at present in 5 countries , composed of 180 convents, divided into 7 provinces, with 1400 professed sisters. www.ctcsisters.com
Dr Sr Verony CTC
Congregation of Teresian Carmelites
St Joseph’s Vidyabhavan,