Far from the madding crowd, void of the hustle and bustle of the city, embraced by the beauty of nature, on the bewitching bank of the river Perilya, stands this Institution. It got established in 2005 by C.T.C sisters and is named after its patron saint Francis Xavier. It is affiliated to M.G University Kottayam, kreala. Its intake is 100 and has six optional – Subjects-Mathematics, English, Natural science, Physical science,Social science and commerce.
St.Xavier’s Training college for women envisions a life –oriented education to empower the women so as to realize their full identify and power and to equip them to meet the challenges in a more humane way and to mould them as more effective and resourceful citizens
To form teachers who are professionally dedicated, intellectually creative, emotionally balanced, spiritually enlightened socially committed, and truly liberated empowered women to fight for their rights and to be more secular in their out look.
- to develop the professional skill of teaching.
- to foster religious and cultural tolerance.
- to promote value oriented education.
- to raise the subjugated status of women in the society
- to enable the prospective teachers to be socially conscious.
- to inculcate the values of gender sensibility and equality .
- to acquaint them of the modern trends in the education scenario.
- to develop independent thinking